Tuesday 2 November 2010

So what stands out at the Salford Quays?!?!

So I've only just recently been hearing "this n that" about the Salford Quays after living in the Manchester/Salford area for over two years now. Honestly, initial thoughts... "I'm pretty sure if it was that great I would have known about it by now!" and "It's in Salford! Why would I want to go all the way down there!", as though Salford is another country. Anyway considering you can get the Eccles Metrolink line to the Salford Quays from practically anywhere in the Manchester city centre, the least i thought was it was worth a little check.


So getting to the point of what stands out... Upon exiting the Metrolink i was amazed and surprised! I was amazed at how tidy and refreshing the place was, it seemed as though I had left the country! Now I was surprised that I had only just discovered the place because it is genuinely an aesthetically pleasing nice place! After roaming around for a while I realised that the Salford Quays actually has a lot to offer. There is a museum for intrigued minds, a theatre for cultured souls, water sports for the adventurous and many restaurants and food outlets for those who straight out just want to sit and eat!

Basically there are numerous things to be done at the Salford Quays so what is it that stands out the most from my day at the Quays?? Is it the nice area? Maybe one of the several activities on offer? Must be the vast amount of food on offer?! Sadly no... What stood out the most was how deserted the area was! How can such a great place be so empty?! the only possible reason must be because not enough know about the place so if your reading this post get yourself over there, I know I will be going back so maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment